Finding the right product or treatment to help you reach your skin care goals including repairing scars, acne and aging are important. You want to make sure the product or treatment that you’re using is safe and effective. At the Dermatology Center for Skin Health, PLLC, we have many treatments that could help you in your journey to smoother, more youthful looking skin.
We are excited to announce a new enhanced machine that we are using called DermaSweep. This machine repairs skin that has been damaged by the sun, scarring, acne, aging and more. Learn more about this machine below.
WHAT IS DERMASWEEP?
DermaSweep is an affordable option and is ideal for people who want to improve overall skin health but also good for photo-damaged, pigmentation disorders, and uneven skin textures. DermaSweep, combined with infusions, offers a tailored treatment option.
This 30-minute treatment promotes micro-circulation and the production of oxygen within the skin to boost collagen and elastin, exfoliation, and healthy skin. Every treatment involves a combination of therapies that work together to provide you with many benefits. There is no down time following the procedure. DermaSweep can treat:
- Anti-Aging: due to aging, sun exposure and fat loss, fine lines, creases and wrinkles may appear.
- Pigmentation: uneven skin tone and brown or dark areas on the skin.
- Fine Lines: decrease in natural oil production, sun exposure and fat loss.
- Laxity: looseness in the skin.
- Tone & Texture: skin tone is determined by how much melanin we have. Darker skin spots, pigmentation and age spots can cause the skin to become uneven in skin tone.
- Neck & Decollete: skin in these areas can be thinner and will most likely be one of the first places that brown spots can be noticed.
- Hands & Arms: pigmentation, brown spots and aging spots typically occur here.
- Acneic Skin: a condition in which hair follicles become cloggedwith oil and dead skin cells.
- Oily Skin: hormones promote healthy oil production; however, it can be hard to control, meaning it over-produces.
- Sensitive Skin: red patches, dry areas, itchy skin, tingling/tightness are all symptoms of sensitive skin.
- Dry Skin: dry, flaky and thin white patches can cause you to develop fine lines and wrinkles.
BEFORE, DURING AND AFTER TREATMENT
Before the procedure, your provider will discuss your skin care goals. Your provider will also ask that you clean your face to remove dirt, makeup, oil or residue.
During treatment, your provider will:
- Hold your skin taut.
- Move the DermaSweep pen across the skin in small sections with constant gentle pressure to cleanse, polish, and reveal newer younger skin.
- The system then removes the dead skin in a precise and controlled manner.
- The DermaSweep will stimulate blood flow, clean the pores and remove skin debris. The promotion of blood flow will encourage collagen formation, firming and toning of the epidermis. This process enhances oxygenation and lymphatic drainage.
During treatment, you may feel your skin tighten. After your skin is exfoliated, it will feel smooth.
Following treatment, your skin may feel warm and have a pinkish glow to it for 30 minutes. Post-treatment care designed by your provider will be simple and easy to follow.
RECOMMENDED PRODUCTS TO USE AFTER A DERMASWEEP TREATMENT
After the DermaSweep procedure, your provider may recommend a skin aftercare plan that includes a post-procedure skin care kit and the Biocellulose Recovery Mask.
The post-procedure kit includes:
- Ultra Gentle Cleanser: This light foaming cleanser is soap-free and can be used in the morning and evening. It contains liposome encapsulated vitamins and has a light lavender scent.
- Fortified Facial Cream: This cream exfoliates and smooths the skin to help improve skin texture and tone.
- Sheer Physical Sunscreen: This elegant sunscreen provides superior broad spectrum SPF 50+ UVA & UVB protection.
- Ultra-Hydrating Serum (Hyaluronic Acid): This serum penetrates deep within the dermis to draw moisture in and keep it there.
The Biocellulose Recovery mask helps soothes and replenish compromised post-procedure skin.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT DERMASWEEP
Is DermaSweep safe? DermaSweep is safe and painless. Side effects that could occur include some minor bruising; however, most patients find that they can go back to their routines and even wear make-up within a couple of hours.
When will I see results? Patients will see results after the first treatment; however, lasting and more significant results occur after four to six treatments spaced ten days to two weeks apart. It is also recommended that patients also support their recovery with a post-treatment routine designed by their provider.
Is there a recovery time associated with DermaSweep? Patients may go back to their daily routines immediately after treatment. Following treatment, patients may notice a warm, pinkish glow that can last up to 30-minutes.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A TRADITIONAL MICRODERMABRASION PROCEDURE AND A DERMASWEEP TREATMENT
After reading through this information, you are probably asking yourself “what is the difference between a microdermabrasion treatment and a DermaSweep treatment?”
Both procedures can treat:
- Pore issues
- Aging spots, pigmentation, sun spots and acne scarring
However, there are also some other differences, including:
- Exfoliation Process: Microdermabrasion uses tiny crystals that scrub away dead skin cells while DermaSweep uses bristles.
- Skin Type: While both procedures can treat the same skin issues, people with sensitive skin may prefer the DermaSweep, over traditional microdermabrasion, due to its gentle bristle method as it is less harsh in its execution of the skin.
The DermaSweep also allows us to customize your treatment to your skin type, by delivering the right combination of paraben-free infusions. These infusions include growth factor peptides, Vitamin C, TCA, and hyaluronic acid in potent combinations to treat and rejuvenate the skin. Your skin is left super hydrated and glowing.
With that being said, both procedures are adequate and will promote smoother, youthful looking skin. Your provider will discuss your goals and provide a treatment option that will best serve you.
The Dermatology Center for Skin Health, PLLC will customize your treatment based on your skin type. With DermaSweep, we offer infusions to address your skin condition.Options include:
- Premium Infusions: These infusions are powerful scientifically proven skincare ingredients that include skin transforming peptides, age reversing growth factors and a unique combination of brightening agents.
- Peelfusions: These infusions boost the benefits of traditional chemical peels. The enhanced delivery of the active skincare ingredients provides faster results with less peeling and flaking.
- Epifusions: Theses infusions target specific concerns such as brightening, hydration, calming and much more.
Your provider will assess your skin type and make a recommendation based on your skin type.
DERMATOLOGY CENTER FOR SKIN HEALTH, PLLC | DERMASWEEP TREATMENTS IN MORGANTOWN
As dermatologists, we understand that you are looking for a skin care treatment that will promote healthy, youthful looking skin. It is our goal to provide you with the most up-to-date patient education and advanced procedures to help you with your skincare journey.
We offer cosmetic consult appointments by calling 304-598-3888. During the consult, we will determine if the DermaSweep treatment sounds like what you are looking for or recommend what the best services and products are for your skin type.