At the Dermatology Center for Skin Health, PLLC, we offer microdermabrasion treatments, where we use the DermaSweep® device and infusions to help our patients achieve healthy skin. Continue reading to learn more about microdermabrasion treatments and if they work.
WHAT IS MICRODERMABRASION?
Microdermabrasion is a 30-minute, minimally invasive treatment for the skin that promotes micro-circulation and oxygen production, effectively boosting collagen, elastin, exfoliation, and healthy skin. It is an affordable option for people who want to improve overall skin health and is suitable for photo-damaged skin, pigmentation disorders, and uneven skin textures. In addition, the DermaSweep, combined with infusions, offers a tailored treatment option.
Microdermabrasion can aid in treating:
- Anti-Aging: Due to aging, sun exposure and fat loss, fine lines, creases and wrinkles may appear.
- Pigmentation: Uneven skin tone and brown or dark areas on the skin.
- Fine Lines: Decrease in natural oil production, sun exposure and fat loss.
- Laxity: Looseness in the skin.
- Tone & Texture: Skin tone is determined by how much melanin we have. Darker skin spots, pigmentation and age spots can cause the skin to become uneven in skin tone.
- Neck & Decollete: Skin in these areas can be thinner and will most likely be one of the first to notice brown spots.
- Hands & Arms: Pigmentation, brown spots and aging spots typically occur here.
- Acneic Skin: A condition in which hair follicles become clogged with oil and dead skin cells.
- Oily Skin: Hormones promote healthy oil production; however, they can be hard to control, meaning it over-produces.
- Sensitive Skin: Red patches, dry areas, itchy skin, tingling/tightness are all symptoms of sensitive skin.
- Dry Skin: Dry, flaky and thin white patches can cause you to develop fine lines and wrinkles.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF MICRODERMABRASION?
During treatment, you may feel mild skin tightening. However, after exfoliation, your skin will be smooth. Additionally, the moisture will leave your skin with a refreshed feeling after your topical infusion treatment is applied.
The results and benefits of microdermabrasion are new skin that is smoother as the vacuum action of the wand stimulates blood flow, cleans the pores and moves the skin debris to the HEPA filter. The increased blood flow to the skin’s surface encourages collagen formation, which firms and tones the epidermis. Your skin is left glowing and super hydrated without being wet. You will see results after the very first treatment.
The DermaSweep® system offers many different benefits, including:
- Increased blood flow
- Delivers critical nutrients to the skin
- Non-invasive exfoliation
- Restored skin health
- Reduced skin aging
- Improves skin tone and texture
WHY THE DERMASWEEP® SYSTEM?
The DermaSweep® system offers unique and customizable technology that gently lifts the top layer of skin away. This system also provides exclusive solutions formulated with top-notch ingredients to target different skin care needs.
The Dermatology Center for Skin Health, PLLC, uses the DermaSweep® system, which does not use aluminum oxide crystals. These crystals can remain in the skin and ultimately irritate, and that is why we believe it is best not to use wands with aluminum oxide crystals.
The DermaSweep® system aids in resurfacing, infusing and renewing the skin. The DermaSweep® 's bristle tip system gently exfoliates the top layer of the skin to sweep away imperfections, promote collagen and improve radiance, tone and texture. Our skin benefits from lymphatic drainage and an increase in oxygenation, which is part of the goal of microdermabrasion. Nourishing ingredients are delivered to the skin through infusion, which will improve overall skin health and boost collagen quickly.
All three therapies - resurfacing, micro-circulation and infusion, help to begin the skin renewal process.
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT?
Our Clinical Cosmetic Specialist performs microdermabrasion in the office at the Dermatology Center for Skin Health, PLLC. Before the procedure, you will clean your face and remove any dirt, makeup and residue. Treatments usually take 30 minutes but can vary depending on the specific skin condition and your doctor's professional opinion. During the procedure, the Clinical Cosmetic Specialist will hold your skin taut. The Clinical Cosmetic Specialist will then move the microdermabrasion tip across the skin in small sections with constant, gentle pressure, vacuuming away dead skin cells in a controlled manner.
Following treatment, your skin will have a warm, pinkish glow that can last up to 30 minutes. Our Clinical Cosmetic Specialist will recommend the best products to use following the procedure. It's imperative to protect your skin with sunscreen as your skin can be more sensitive to the sun in the few weeks after the treatment.
WILL MY MICRODERMABRASION TREATMENT BE CUSTOMIZED TO FIT MY NEEDS?
At the Dermatology Center for Skin Health, PLLC, we will customize your treatment based on your skin type, wants and overall desire for your skin goals. We offer paraben-free infusions that include growth factors, peptides, vitamin C, TCA and hyaluronic acid in potent combinations to treat and rejuvenate.
- Premium Infusions: These infusions have potent scientifically proven skincare ingredients that include skin transforming peptides, age reversing growth factors and a unique combination of brightening agents.
- Peelfusions: These infusions boost the benefits of traditional chemical peels. The enhanced delivery of the active skincare ingredients provides faster results with minor peeling and flaking.
- Epifusions: These infusions target specific concerns such as brightening, hydration, calming and much more.
Your Clinical Cosmetic Specialist will assess your skin type and recommend treatment based on your skin.
DO MICRODERMABRASION TREATMENTS WORK?
Yes, microdermabrasion does work! We are firm believers in this treatment and the DermSweep® system. You can expect to see noticeable results almost immediately after the first procedure. However, lasting and more significant results will occur after four to six treatments spaced ten days to two weeks apart. It is also recommended that patients support their recovery with a post-treatment routine designed by their provider.
MICRODERMABRASION TREATMENTS | DERMATOLOGY CENTER FOR SKIN HEALTH, PLLC
As dermatologists, we understand that you are looking for skin care treatments to promote healthy, youthful-looking skin. Our goal is to provide you with the most up-to-date patient education and advanced procedures to help you with your skin care journey.
We are now offering free skin care consultations to help you customize products and services to achieve your individual goals. Contact us today at 304-598-3888 for your FREE skin care consultation with Karen! During the consultation, Karen will determine if the DermaSweep treatment sounds like what you are looking for or recommend the best services and products for your skin type.
We look forward to helping you achieve your skin goals!