WHAT IS HAIR CARE?
Are you experiencing hair loss? Or are you trying to get rid of unwanted hair? Regardless of the situation, we understand that finding the right hair care solution can be challenging. At the Dermatology Center for Skin Health, PLLC, our goal is to sit down with you to discuss your problem so that we can find a solution.
Ready to find a hair care solution? Request an appointment here.
TREATMENTS FOR HAIR REMOVAL
Unwanted hair is typical, and it’s everywhere. But it doesn’t have to stay. Laser hair removal is a safe way to remove unwanted body hair with long-term results. It’s an in-office procedure that treats unwanted hair on the back, bikini area, chest, face, neck, arms and legs. It’s essential to understand that the results of laser hair removal are not entirely permanent. However, hair is less in volume, lighter in color and more delicate when it eventually grows back. To read more about this treatment, click here.
CAUSES FOR HAIR LOSS
Two common causes of hair loss are:
- Androgenetic alopecia is often referred to as male-pattern baldness and female-pattern baldness. In men, bald areas develop in the front and top of the scalp. Women usually experience thinning hair along the top of the scalp.
- Alopecia areata is caused by the body’s infection-fighting system changes, presents as large and typically round spots of missing hair.
While these are the two most common reasons for hair loss, there are many reasons for hair loss, including:
- Medical conditions
- Hormonal imbalances
- Chronic kidney failure
- Vitamin A overdose
- Iron deficiency
- Thyroid malfunction
It’s essential to be evaluated by a medical professional to determine the cause of your hair loss before receiving treatment. At the Dermatology Center for Skin Health, PLLC, we offer many different treatments, including:
Nutrafol products are physician-formulated hair thinning treatments for men and women. There are three formulas with ingredients clinically proven to improve your hair growth. Created with botanical ingredients from the latest research findings, Nutrafol is one of the first 100 percent, drug-free nutraceuticals for hair.
A nutraceutical contains standardized, medical-grade and bio-optimized ingredients. For a broken-down definition, nutraceuticals are nourishing and bioactive properties working in tandem.
During the extraction and purification process, Nutrafol’s nutraceuticals are held to exacting pharmaceutical-grade standards.
The product is proven to perform the following:
- Rebalance: Stabilize harmful levels of dihydrotestosterone and stress-damaging hormones
- Repair: Fight free radicals and inflammation at the root
- Revitalize: Improve scalp circulation to help revive dormant hair follicles
- Regrow: Deliver nutrients critical to the follicle rebuilding process, necessary for improving the hair growth cycle
Viviscal Pro is scientifically formulated with the marine complex, AminoMar, which helps to promote existing healthy hair growth. At the Dermatology Center for Skin Health, PLLC, we offer:
HOW CAN MY DERMATOLOGIST HELP?
At the Dermatology Center for Skin Health, PLLC, we want to make sure we address your long-term hair care goals, whether that is finding a hair growth solution or hair removal treatment. If you have questions, please let us know.
Ready to find a hair care solution?