WHAT IS MICRODERMABRASION?
Microdermabrasion is a 30-minute, minimally invasive treatment for the skin that promotes micro-circulation and oxygen production, effectively boosting collagen, elastin, exfoliation, and healthy skin. This procedure can treat:
- Fine Lines
- Tone and Texture
- Neck & Decollete
- Hands & Arms
- Oily Skin
- Sensitive Skin
- Dry Skin
To learn more about what microdermabrasion can treat, click here.
At the Dermatology Center for Skin Health, PLLC, we use the DermaSweep cosmetic device. This is an affordable option for those who want to improve overall skin health. Additionally, DermaSweep is combined with infusions, which allows us to tailor our patient’s treatment options.
Continue reading to learn more about the benefits of microdermabrasion and DermaSweep.
BEFORE, DURING AND AFTER TREATMENT
The Dermatology Center for Skin Health, PLLC, uses the DermaSweep® system, which does not use aluminum oxide crystals. These crystals can remain in the skin and, ultimately, cause irritation.
It’s essential to talk to an experienced doctor to decide if microdermabrasion is right for you.
Before the Procedure
Our clinical cosmetic specialist performs microdermabrasion at the Dermatology Center for Skin Health, PLLC. Before the procedure, you will clean your face and remove any dirt, makeup and residue.
During the Procedure
During treatment, you may feel mild skin tightening. After exfoliation, your skin will be smooth. Additionally, after your topical infusion treatment is applied, the moisture will leave your skin with a refreshed feeling.
Treatments usually take 30 minutes but can vary depending on the specific skin condition and your doctor's professional opinion.
- During the procedure, the clinical assistant will hold your skin taut.
- The clinical cosmetic specialist will move the microdermabrasion tip across the skin in small sections with constant, gentle pressure.
- Dead skin cells are vacuumed away in a controlled manner.
- The new skin is smoother as the vacuum action of the wand stimulates blood flow, cleans the pores and moves the skin debris to the HEPA filter. The increased blood flow to the skin’s surface encourages collagen formation, which firms and tones the epidermis as well.
- We will customize your treatment based on your skin type. We offer paraben-free infusions that include growth factor, peptides, vitamin C, TCA and hyaluronic acid in potent combinations to treat and rejuvenate.
After the Procedure
Following treatment, your skin will have a warm, pinkish glow that can last up to 30 minutes. Your skin is left glowing and super hydrated without being wet.
It may be recommended to utilize the following products after the procedure:
- Biocellulose Recovery Mask
- Post-Procedure Kit:
- Ultra Gentle Cleanser
- Fortified Facial Cream
- Sheer Physical Sunscreen
- Ultra-Hydrating Serum (Hyaluronic Acid)
You will see results after the first treatment. After four to six treatments spaced between ten days to two weeks and post-treatment support, more significant results will occur.
HOW CAN MY DERMATOLOGIST HELP?
As dermatologists, we understand that you are looking for a skin care treatment that will promote healthy, youthful-looking skin. It’s vital that you talk with your dermatologists about the goals you have with microdermabrasion so that they may recommend the number of treatments you need.
Our staff is dedicated to keeping up-to-date with the most advanced procedures and patient education. If Microdermabrasion sounds like a treatment you would be interested in and would like a consultation please contact us.
Dermatology Center for Skin Health, PLLC
600 Suncrest Towne Centre Suite 115
Morgantown, WV 26505
Our office is located on the ground floor of the 600 Suncrest Towne Centre Building. Please enter through the middle doors on the front of the building. The Dermatology Center for Skin Health, PLLC entrance is located just inside the building-first door on the right.